Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The rest of the story - Vacation Part II

We ended up cutting our vacation a day short because of tropical storm Fay. But we really can't complain - at all. We had 6 beautifully sunny days to enjoy the beach before the clouds came. We had the most relaxing vacation that I can ever remember -no hurry to do anything. It was lovely.


However, now we are back in the thick of things. We started school yesterday. Wow, there is a lot to learn in the 3rd grade. I really am probably learning more than the girls. It is so much fun, and even Lilly thinks she is in school. She has her own folders and things. We really couldn't do school any other way - she would not have it. Lilly is getting ready to start back to playschool next week. She informed me this morning that she would be learning Spanish (that's what Parker and Chloe told her). I realized that I somehow forgot to take her to the doctor for her 3 year check-up (in April). Since I have to have a special form from them saying she's had all her shots, I decided to make the appointment. They were able to get us in this morning. I bribed Lilly with the thought of picking out a special toy if she would not fuss - and it worked. She was so good, even laughing and waving bye to Dr. David and Nurse Samantha. She even talked to the lady who was pricking her finger for a blood sample and never cried. We went directly to Wal-Mart and picked out a Dora Bath Castle for $14.95, a very small price to pay for a happy visit to the Doctor.

3 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

We were in Destin the same week. We ended up leaving Friday evening to miss the fury of Fay although I think we could've stayed until Saturday morning as originally planned. I came over from Stacie's page. My family is actually from Jackson, too. We went to Liberty Grove also.

Tiger Fans said...

You are so lucky that Lilly was so good at her visit :)

Marcie said...

that is a very sweet picture :)