Friday, March 9, 2007

A Tribute to My Friends

I have the most wonderful friends. What could have been the worst nightmare of a birthday, was such a fun day because of you (my friends). You see, yesterday was my birthday. Ronnie, knowing he was not going to get to see me at all on my real birthday, planned a little family party for me the day before my birthday(Party #1). It was great. Cards from the girls - even the little one. A new little Bible (which I really wanted). A new book. Chocolate. But there is something about the real day. You know, you just want to relax, enjoy life, do something you like to do. My real day did not go exactly as I had planned, but my friends made all the difference, and I got to spend some quality time with my kids that might not otherwise have happened. I got to have lunch with Marcie, Jill, and Dara (Party #2). And after I put the girls to bed - another birthday party appeared at the door (Party #3). At 8:30 Angie, Heather, Ellen, Jennifer, and Hannah were at my house with cheesecake, cards, gifts and flowers. What a blessing! And what a very fun birthday party. I feel so blessed to have friends - people who care about and love me - and who love a good excuse to laugh and eat cheesecake. Thanks Guys!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Awww...Happy Birthday to you!