Sunday, May 25, 2008

Foster Falls

This weekend we went camping with our great friends the Autrys. Yes, I mean really camping - in tents, in the woods, where cell phones are out of range and the stars are beautiful. I must say that this was one of my favorite camping trips yet. The trails we hiked were beautiful. My kids had a blast. I love being outside and not having to worry about regular life. Here is a slide show of our trip .










OK, so I won't lie. There were a few mishaps along the way. We took a 40 minute detour to get to our campsite because people kept on giving us bad directions. Lilly vomitted from car sickness as soon as we reached the campgrounds - but she was still in her car seat so it was fun to clean up. There was some difficulty in lighting the charcoal to cook our dinner the first night. Marcie was injured while taking a picture of my kids and Lilly spiked a high fever the last night of the camp. But everything else was so great that these only seemed like minor incidents. We are blessed to have such great friends to share a camping trip with.

Here is a video clip of our picnic lunch right beside some cascading water. A little shout out to the Bustrums - we certainly would have dragged you along on our trip if you were still in Jackson.


3 comments:

Marcie said...

I am going to bet that your blog is going to see a huge spike in visitors due to the images of me in these pictures and video. I mean, it's not everyday that you get to see such beauty wrapped up in one person.

We did have SUCH a fun time!

Tiger Fans said...

Looks like you guys had a blast, cool trip!!

Lori said...

Hey! Well, I am glad to know that I am not the only one falling on their backsides. I am in awe of the size and color of the bruise, but fortunately it's numb for now, so I am not feeling much of it! We miss you guys, too! Are you adjusting after the Bustrooooms left town? I love reading your blog and seeing pics of the girls! Oh...and Graham also lost his first tooth...he did it last week.